Saturday, March 25, 2017

Get happy in the Lord

Tell me Christians, can you get happy in the Lord, just from listening to music?

Now I'm not asking if it's possible, because I know that it is. What I'm asking is, have you ever done that?

Below is a good video to get happy to.



The Oak Ridge Boys are an amazing singing group still, but I remember them when they were just a gospel group, before they moved into country. And although they're a great group, and have had great success in country music, they seem to shine their best when singing the music of their roots - Christian music.

So tell me, on your own, can you get happy in the Lord? Just all by yourself, with no one else around? By way of scripture or prayer or music, can you get happy in the Lord?

Consider the following scriptures:
Luke 24:33-36
33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon. 
35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

What the disciples experienced at that moment was more than happy in the Lord. It was amazement. They watched this man, who said He was the Son of God, die a brutal death on the cross; be placed in a tomb. And here He was, standing before them, alive. 

And in John 14:1-4, Jesus said to his disciples, not long before He would be crucified:
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

This song, Jesus is Coming Soon, has been on my heart a lot lately. I find myself going around the house humming it and singing it. As I close this rather rambling post, I would say to you ..... 

Christian, 
get happy in the Lord,
study God's word, the Holy Bible,
listen to Christian music and may it bring joy to your soul;

And most of all ......

Be bold in your faith in God the Father, and God the Son, Jesus Christ, who came and died for your sins. Rejoice in God the Holy Spirit, that comes to dwell within you when you are saved. 

For we live in evil, perilous times folks. More so now than ever before. Yes, I know others have said this before me; and I remember hearing them say it. But I don't think I've ever said it before, and it's never been more true now than ever before.

I have a feeling that we as Christians need to now be strong in the Lord, more so than ever before. Don't let your faith become a Sunday/Wednesday social club, go-thru-the-motions type thing. Don't pick and choose the dictates of God that you want to obey. 

Dedicate yourself to God. For one day, He will come back. 
And more importantly, this world needs Christians of strong, bold faith now.

No comments:

Post a Comment